Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thought of the day

I saw the following quote in a friend's feed:

"The saddest failures in life are those that come from not putting forth the power and will to succeed". ~Edwin P. Whipple

I cannot agree more with this quote. Personally, I don't mind failing. However, I feel bad when I fail knowing that I didn't put enough effort to succeed. The more I think about this quote, the more do I feel certain that it's not just the skill/talent that matters, determination/willingness to prepare yourself plays a bigger role.

I try to keep my game simple; there are no short cuts - you've got to practice hard every cricket shot you want to master - you've got to prepare even harder if you are to innovate a new shot. Now apply that to whatever game you play in life. What's your game plan?

No comments: